VET stands for Vocational Education & Training.
Students in Years 11 and 12 have the opportunity to personalise their learning pathway by incorporating nationally accredited certificate courses in vocational areas into their SACE. NMHS is a member of the Eastern Adelaide Secondary Vocational Alliance and together with a range of training organisations, provide courses that enable students to develop and practise business and industry-specific skills while at the same time meeting their SACE requirements.
Students have access to courses in a wide range of areas including:
- Art, Design, Film, Dance, Music and Multimedia
- Information, Digital Media and Technology
- Automotive, Aviation, Construction, Electrical, Engineering, Plumbing and Horticulture
- Business Management, Fitness, Community Services and Health
- Hair, Beauty and Makeup
- Hospitality and Tourism
While all qualifications accrue different numbers of SACE credits depending on the level of the Certificate and its complexity, the completion of a Certificate III can be used not only for SACE completion but also in the calculation of an ATAR score for university entry.
The Eastern Adelaide Secondary Vocational Alliance website provides further information about courses available within the region. https://www.easva.sa.edu.au/
Information on VET courses outside of the EASVA region can be accessed below.
- North East Region: https://nevo.sa.edu.au/
- Northern Region: http://nasssa.com.au/students/vet
- Adelaide Hills Region: https://www.ahsps.com.au/courses
- Inner Soth Region: https://isca.eschoolsolutions.com.au/
- Western Region: http://www.wats.sa.edu.au/vet-programs
For further information about VET courses and application processes, please contact the Senior Campus Student Wellbeing Leader.