striving for excellence, aiming for personal best.
understanding, celebrating and respecting cultural and linguistic differences.
consideration for the rights and beliefs of others and valuing oneself.
Special Entry Programs
Norwood Morialta High School has a long-standing tradition of academic excellence.
As a desirable secondary school we are proud to offer three unique Special Entry Programs that have selection requirements.
Program supports students with a strong interest in Science Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to complete their middle schooling in 2 years. This program has a focus on inquiry and integrated, authentic STEM learning across all subjects. Information including application form
Students undertake an integrated program in Italian and Humanities where they learn Italian through Humanities. They develop a high level of competence in the language and gain deeper understanding of culture. Students will have an opportunity to study Stage 1 Italian in Year 10. Information including application form
Students with an aptitude for rowing have an opportunity to develop their skills, compete in regattas and excel in the sport. Selected students study Rowing as a subject in Years 8 and 9 and are required to continue with the sport for at least three years. Information including application form
Special Entry for 2018
Limited placements will be available for these programs and Year 7 students must apply for the program the year prior to commencing secondary schooling. Selected students must commit to engaging fully in these programs until at least the end of Year 10.
Year 7 students wishing to apply for these 2018 programs will need to:
- Accelerated STEM Program applicants must make an online payment of $80 by Sunday 30 April. School card families are requested to contact the school prior to 30 April.
- Accelerated Italian Program applicants must make an online payment of $80 by Sunday 30 April. School card families are requested to contact the school prior to 30 April.
- If applying for both Accelerated STEM and Italian programs there is a combined payment of $90.00.
- Submit the relevant application form (with copies of school reports and certificates) by Friday 5 May.
- Accelerated STEM and Italian program applicants will sit an aptitude test at 9am Saturday 6 May at the Middle Campus. more information
- Rowing applicants will participate in Fitness Test from 4:00 – 5:30pm Tuesday 9 May at the Middle Campus. This fitness test will involve a 20 metre shuttle run and 1000m ergometer time trial.
The application form must include:
- The Student Self-nomination form
- A Parent / Caregiver nomination form
- A Supporting Statement from a teacher or coach
- Year 6 (and 7) school reports
- Certificates where appropriate, including:
- Achievement in state and national competitions, e.g. UNSW, Westpac, etc
- NAPLAN results, PAT M, PAT R and/or PAT S results
- Any other relevant certificates or media presentations (eg photos, videos, slideshow) to support the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
My child has already sat the 2017 ACER tests. Does he/she need to do it again?
No, if applicants have already undertaken the ACER test in 2017 there is no need to undertake the tests again. These students should submit a copy of their ACER Statement of Results with their completed application form. The application, along with any supporting documentation, needs to arrive in the school by 4pm, Friday 5 May. Applications may also be emailed directly using the special program email. (Please refer to the specific Special Interest Program page for these details.)
This year we have school-card. Do we need to pay the registration fees to undertake the ACER tests?
Families with the 2017 school card are not required to make the required registration fee payments. These families need to email the student’s details, along with a copy of the School card confirmation to the appropriate program email by Sunday 30 April. An email acknowledging receipt will be returned. (Please refer to the specific Special Interest Program page for these details.)
If applying for both Accelerated STEM and Italian programs there is a combined payment of $90.00.
Online payment by 4.00pm on Sunday 30 April 2017.
School card families are requested to contact the school.
Separate application forms for each program are required to be submitted.