Norwood Morialta High School is a large, progressive learning community located in the leafy eastern foothills of Adelaide. The school has two campuses three kilometres apart, allowing for specialisation in the middle and senior years.
Norwood Morialta High School is located on two large campuses in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide with extensive grounds and attractive facilities
Middle Campus – Morialta Road West, ROSTREVOR 5073
The Middle Campus (Years 8-10) is located approximately 6km north-east of the city in an attractive natural environment with extensive grounds. The school is close in proximity to Morialta Conservation Park, enabling many middle school excursions and
Senior Campus – 505 The Parade, MAGILL 5072
The Senior Campus (Years 11-12) is situated only 10 minutes from the city at the end of The Parade, a popular shopping and dining precinct.
The school enjoys close proximity to the Morialta Conversation, Magill campus of the University of South Australia and the city for school excursions.
Both campuses are well serviced by bus transport. Bus information is available at www.adelaidemetro.com.au
Norwood Morialta High School is located on two large campuses in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide with extensive grounds and attractive facilities.
- Learning Community areas with collaborative study zones and break-out spaces
- Modern, well-equipped Science laboratories
- Modern Computing and Media suites to provide access to specialist technologies
- Modern Resource Centre with an information technology hub for student assistance
- Specialist learning spaces for Art, Music, Drama, Woodwork, Metalwork, Electronics and Home Economics
- Two ovals, large gymnasium, tennis courts and weights room to promote physical activity
- Expansive outdoor spaces for socialising and learning with shelter and seating
- Canteen facilities providing interesting, fresh and nutritious food
- Attractive collaborative and independent study zones throughout the school
- New, State of the Art Science wing with beautifully appointed laboratories and collaborative learning spaces
- Electotechnology Trade Training Centre with industry-standard equipment
- Modern Computing and Media suites for access to specialist technologies
- Arts Technology Centre with a Music Concert Studio, practice rooms, Media Laboratory, Computing Suite for Digital Imaging/ Photography and CAD specialisations and Woodwork
- Technically-equipped Drama spaces including teaching and performance space
- Modern Resource Centre with library and computing facilities and an information technology hub for student assistance
- Student-run VIBE café for learning experiences and socialising in break-times
- Lecture Theatre with seating for 130 people
- Large Assembly Hall and Performing Arts Centre for performances and special events with a versatile two-way stage and retractable seating
- New International Room (with kitchenette) and office for workshops and international visitors
- Extensive playing grounds and sporting facilities including a large gymnasium, tennis courts and weights room that promotes physical wellbeing
- Expansive outdoor spaces for socialising and learning with shelter, seating and outdoor stage.
- Canteen facilities providing interesting, fresh and nutritious food and a large open cafeteria with seating.
The school has a shared boat shed for its Rowing Program in the city on the River Torrens and a boat storage facility at West Lakes.
All students use laptops and access a wireless network, moodle (for curriculum materials) and Daymap (for communication, homework tasks, submitting tasks, feedback and reports). Students, staff and parents have access to school resources and support from home. Digital technologies such as iMAcs, Wacon tablets, 3 D printers and Virtual reality are available for class access in specialised learning spaces.
Recent Building Works
In 2018 the $2.5m STEMworks building program was completed with the refurbishment of the Science wing on the Senior Campus. Students now enjoy beautifully appointed laboratories complete with the latest technology to enhance their scientific study and a modern STEM outdoor learning space.
Current Building Plans
Planning for the significant $30 million Building Better Schools project is currently underway that will amalgamate both campuses onto the Senior Campus, whilst maintaining the distinct principles of middle and senior schooling. This extensive project will involve the refurbishment of existing learning and outdoor spaces, expansion of the gymnasium and Arts/Technology facilities, relocation of the carpark and the new construction of an administrative building and multi-storey middle school. The school community looks forward to these new facilities in 2022.
Students living within the school within these boundaries will be enrolled if they apply to Norwood Morialta High School.
The Norwood Morialta High School zone is bounded by:
Arcoona Avenue (and its extension east), Montacute and Marble Hill Road, Moores Road, the eastern boundary of the Morialta Conservation Park, a line to the junction of Norton Summit Road and Teringie Drive, Norton Summit Road, Stony Rise, Woods Hill Road, Greenhill Road, Tusmore Avenue, Kensington Road, High Street, Phillips Street, William Street, Fullarton Road, Dequetteville Terrace, North Terrace, Magill Road, Portrush Road, Janet Street, over to Wheaton Road, Payneham Road, Winchester Street, River Torrens, Stephen Terrace, Main North East Road, Ascot Avenue, Lower Portrush Road, Henry Street, Barnes Road, Provident Avenue, Glynburn Road, Hectorville Road, South Street, East Street, Ross Road over to Reynell Road, Forest Avenue, Leabrook Drive, and Stradbroke Road.
Enrolments for Norwood Morialta High School are in high demand.
As the school is at capacity at all year levels, it can only accept enrolment applications from families living within the Norwood Morialta High School zone with proof of residency.
Norwood Morialta High School looks forward to welcoming Year 7 students in 2022.