As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our school will provide updated information regarding the measures Norwood Morialta High School has implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our school community and the continuity of learning through this page. At Norwood Morialta High School the provision of quality teaching and learning experiences within a safe and supportive environment continues to be our highest priority for each student.
During these times it is also important for us all to continue to be vigilant with the recommended hygiene practices, to stay informed through reliable and trusted news sources, and to keep unwell students at home. Important information can be found below:
- Parent Letter COVID-19 Update (20 July 2021)
- Parent Letter COVID-19 Update (18 November 2020)
- Parent Letter COVID-19 Update (17 November 2020)
- Parent Letter Teaching and Learning (25 May 2020)
- Parent Letter Face to Face Learning (8 May 2020)
- Parent Letter MC Online Learning (1 May 2020)
- Parent letter Return to school for Yr 11 & 12 students (1 May 2020)
- COVID 19 Parent Letter Updated Term 2 Arrangements (24 April 2020)
- COVID-19 Letter from the Minister (7 April 2020)
- COVID-19 ACTAC Letter (6 April 2020)
- COVID-19 Parent Letter (27 March)
- COVID-19 Letter from the Minister (26 March 2020)
- COVID-19 Parent Letter (24 March 2020)
- Minister and Chief Executive of Education Letter (12 March 2020)
- COVID-19 Parent Letter (23 March 2020)
- COVID-19 Parent Letter Amdended Wk 1 & 2 Arrangements (27 April 2020)
- Minister and Chief Executive of Education Letter (18 March 2020)
- COVID-19 Parent Letter (16 March 2020)
- Parent Letter from Chief Public Health Officer (22 April 2020)
Resources for Students
Norwood Morialta High School staff are very mindful of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) causing disruptions to your usual routines. Information, conversations and increased levels of stress in the community can lead to people feeling overwhelmed. Knowing what information to trust can also be challenging. Please know the school is being updated with relevant information and this will be communicated to you in a manner that is safe and supportive.
The Well Being Team have sourced a range of useful links for either personal use or for sharing with your family and friends. If you require support please speak to a trusted adult or school staff member.
Managing stress related to COVID-19 virus includes tips to maintain a healthy mindset
e-Headspace is a free online counselling platform
Kids Help Line
Phone counselling: 1800 55 1800 (free and confidential)
Youth Beyond Blue
Mental health information
Online chat forum
Phone counselling service: 1300 22 4636
Dream On – smart phone app trial for young people experiencing sleep difficulties
Self-help tools apps
Government search engine for locating information and resources on a range of topics
Sam the ChatBox
SACE Board Support
Questions/concerns from students answered by SACE Chief Executive Professor Martin Westwell, and SATAC Chief Executive Officer Stuart Mossman.
The SACE Board has developed two videos – one is for parents and the other for students
If your student is a VET student and has any questions please watch the video on this SACE Board page as it may answer any questions they may have, it may even answer questions they didn’t even think of. You CAN ask that! – VET Edition
Episode 2 of You CAN ask that! has now been released by the SACE Board covering a variety of information and answering some important information.
At NMHS we want to reassure our SACE students that they will be supported to be successful through the flexibility of the SACE framework.
We encourage all parents of SACE students and our senior students to view these videos and continue to visit the SACE Board website for further updates.
More information about COVID-19 can be found on the National Coronavirus Health Information website or via the helpline 1800 020 080.
The Australian Government also publishes a daily alert with the latest medical advice and official reports.