Norwood Morialta High School has been experiencing a significant increase in enrolments during the past couple of years. The increased demand has been from a large growth in families moving into our local area. The department has been working with the school to help determine an appropriate course of action to manage enrolments and as a result, Norwood Morialta High School now has a capacity management plan.
Late enrolment applications for 2021 from families living in our school zone will be reviewed depending on current availability.
Please review the information below in relation to:
- Year 7 and 8 entry in 2022 – This section highlights our enrolment procedures for 2022 entry.
- Special Interest Programs – Norwood Morialta High School offers three specialist programs.
- Open School events – In lieu of an Open Day/Night event (due to building works), NMHS will be hosting a variety of special promotion events.
Please see the School Information Brochure here.
Please see the Norwood Morialta High School Capacity Management Plan here.
Year 7 & Year 8 Entry in 2022
Prospective families will be able to apply for year 7 and year 8 entry in 2022 through the department’s state-wide transition process. This process generally starts in Term 2, 2021.
Information will be distributed to families by government primary schools at the start of term 2. This process is managed by the department and all families will be contacted by their enrolling school in early term 3.
Forms for students from non-government schools can be downloaded from the department’s website when available. See www.education.sa.gov.au/enrolment
Families from outside of the zone are still able to apply for enrolment at the school through the state-wide transition process, however priority will be given to local students and those who meet requirements for special circumstances.
As per Department policy future non-local siblings will not receive automatic entry to enrol at Norwood Morialta High School.
You can check your school zone here.
Special Interest Programs
The 2022 application and entry process for the school’s special interest programs are now open.
You can find information to these processes here:
- STEM Enrichment (2022 Year 7 students only)
- Accelerated STEM (2022 Year 8 students only)
- Italian Immersion (2022 Year 7 and Year 8 students)
- Rowing (2022 Year 7 and Year 8 students)
Students living outside the zone will continue to be considered for these programs, however families should note there is a lot of competition for a limited number of places available. Additionally, sibling rights will not apply for siblings in of students accepted into our Special Interest Programs who live out of zone.
Online applications include student statements (and vodcast), parent statements, teacher supporting statements and a collection of reports, certificates and other supporting documentation. Students are required to arrange for their teacher to submit an online Teacher Supporting Statement, which can be found here. All applications need to be submitted by 4pm, Monday 17 May 2021.
Online applications will close Monday 17 May 2021.
Open School Events
Norwood Morialta High School will be co-locating both campuses to The Parade site from 2022 and is currently undertaking extensive building projects. This year the school will be presenting a range of Open School events to showcase our world class learning programs to prospective families of Year 7 and 8 students in 2022.
These events include:
‘Discover Norwood Morialta High School’ Video Series
A selection of videos for our new Year 7 and 8 students and families. These videos feature information about our future directions, transition, middle schooling and wellbeing.
We encourage out of zone families to view our videos or join us for a School Tour.
You can check your school zone here.
Interested, prospective families are welcome to visit our school and join a school tour.
Our tours provide the opportunity to:
- Meet with the Principal, student leaders and members of the Executive Team
- Hear about our middle and senior schooling philosophies, our future directions and recent successes.
- Discover our diverse curriculum offerings and personalised learning experiences.
- Enjoy a guided tour of our state-of-the-art facilities and new building projects/plans.
- Observe our school ‘in action’.
- Ask questions about our school and our world class learning experiences.
Tours are available on:
- Thursday 20 May – 3 Sessions
- Friday 21 May
- Friday 25 June
- Thursday 2 September
- Friday 19 November
All tours are conducted on the Senior Campus, 505 The Parade, and depart from the Reception at 9.00am. The tour takes approximately one hour.
We request that participants arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow time to complete COVID-19 documentation.
Online bookings are essential. Please click here to book your place on a tour. NB: Bookings for Tours will open 2 weeks prior to the tour date.